Welcome to FRAUC—Families of Rindge Avenue Upper Campus in Cambridge, MA! We are a 501(c)3 organization made up of RAUC parent and caregiver volunteers. We are dedicated to the RAUC community. We support school staff, strengthen traditions, and build community at RAUC.
FRAUC is an all-volunteer organization. All families and caregivers are welcome. Please join us!
Our mission is to support and enhance the educational experiences of RAUC students by providing an organization through which families, school and teachers can work cooperatively and by providing financial support for student programs funded outside the annual school budget.
All families and caregivers of RAUC students are welcome. You can help out a little or a lot, as your time allows.
What We Do
- Provide grants for field trips, guest speakers, clubs, and special events
- Author events, writing workshops, all-grade and school-wide field trips
- Organize school dances
Each grade sponsors one of the three dances per school year. We help them develop a theme, run concessions, organize music, and bring together “non-dance” activities such as crafts, games, and a photo booth, so all can participate.
- Organize Staff Appreciation Day
- Meals, cards, and love for RAUC’s hardworking staff
- Food (always food!)
Pizza for student activities, snacks for students, meals and treats for staff appreciation day.
- Purchase materials for curriculum and teacher support
- Whiteboards for remote learning, books, poster boards for science fairs, etc.
- Support community building
- T-shirts, graduation ceremonies, potlucks, and the annual Ice Cream Social and “Ask a 6th Grader” for 5th graders coming to RAUC
- Pandemic support
- Scholarships for students attending in-person learning centers during remote learning
- Organizing video for 2020 8th grade graduates and graduation tassels
- Raise money for scholarships and special events through bake sales and concessions, our annual gala and auction, and our Amazon Smile account.
We help organize travel for this Spring trip. Each year, we raise thousands of dollars to bring costs down for everyone, so that every 8th grader can participate.
We are the only upper school in Cambridge that sends 8th graders to Washington DC. The trip is four days and three nights. It is the perfect capstone to the 8th grade civics course and to the RAUC experience. Our community has also made a commitment: we all go or no one goes. To support that goal, we aim to raise $25,000 each year to ensure ALL 8th graders can attend the DC trip regardless of financial reality.
We are an all-volunteer organization. Please join us at our monthly meetings and special events. Look for us in the RAUC newsletter!